Thursday, April 2, 2009

THURSDAY

Hello all. Faith has remained stable throughout the night, so our goal for today is to start weaning her off some of the medications. They are going to do this ever so slowly and it will be a long process, but little by little we hope to accomplish this. Monty and I are going to be smart today and try to get some rest. Starting tomorrow, we are going to our usual hospital plan of 2 days on and 2 days off. To be honest, I don't know if I will be able to leave. So while he is here I am going to do the first shift of rest and go over to the Ronald McDonald house. I won't be any good to Faith if I continue on this path of exhaustion and end up sick. When Monty goes home...it is all me...so time to get some shut eye (with my cell phone on the pillow). Monty will rest up tonight and go home tomorrow to take care of the other kids and coach the LaCross game on Saturday.

Dominic and Jessica were able to see Faith yesterday. Dominic is 11 and Jessica is 10, so it was felt they were mature enough to handle it. Child life and a social worker talked them through it and it went beautifully. We all sang songs to her which I think the whole ICU got to hear them. :) It was very sweet. They are such close siblings!

I haven't posted a picture since the kids check the blog, but now that they have seen her I feel better about posting one. Quite a few people have been asking so I am more comfortable with that now.

Well, I am off to get some rest and will write again this evening. Love ya!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Shelly- My family have been praying for all of you. I'm constantly checking the blogs. Glad to see you are finally getting some rest. Just know you and your family are loved by many. You have so many friends that are praying for you and thinking of you. If there is anything I can do - please ask.
    - Stephanie LaHaie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly,

    Faith and your entire family are in my thoughts! Your little girl is amazingly strong! Glad to hear you are going to get some much needed rest. Stay strong! Warm smiles & hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for little Faith and your family....

    The Booker family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Shelly and Monty,
    Thanks to Kim Swan I just found Faith's site. Please know that Melba and I wish the very best for all of you and that Faith's recovery is in our prayers.
    Ken Delfino

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that Faith has been more stable today. I have been thinking about and praying for you guys all day. I look forward to more progress reports. Get as much rest as you can!
    Sending lots of love and prayers,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shelly,
    So happy that Faith is hanging in there and seemingly to be more comfortable. Glad that her sister and brother were able to visit her.
    Thank you for keeping us posted.
    Love,
    Teacher Barbara Montague

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone. We appreciate all the love and prayers. Shelly and Monty (and Faith).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Faith! You're a beautiful little girl that so many love! You need to fight hard and get well so you can go home to your Mommy and Daddy and brothers and sisters~~~I know they all want you home with them so much! And we all want you to get better so we can see that precious little smile again!
    Much love and prayers to you and your family,

    Lisa Froling (Auntie Glenda's friend!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessica Perry said to FaithieWednesday, 08 April, 2009

    Catipiler catipiler oops I mean butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessica Perry said to FaithieWednesday, 08 April, 2009

    Catipiler catipiler oops I mean butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blog is so beautiful - I will never forget the call on Faith and the way that you and Monte loved her whole heartedly from the first moment. My thoughts are with you all day. Renee

    ReplyDelete