Monday, April 20, 2009

DAY 21

The bleeding from last night has subsided, but her abdominal area is now quite enlarged. The Pediatric GI surgery team does not want to intervene at this time. They want to continue to wait it out and see if it is fluid that her body will reabsorb or leak out through her wound-vac. I hope that is the case, but I will be sick with worry until it is resolved. I am so scared of her bleeding again.

Intermittent Dialysis did not work. She was back to a marshmallow within 24 hours. She is back on continuous Dialysis for the time being and they may try again to wean her towards the end of the week.

The latest on her feet are that most of the foot seems to be dead tissue. She is not bothered by people touching them, so it does seem to be the case. We continue to wait to see how far up it will go. As it looks now, it is back to probably mid-shin level. Ortho. explained that they have to amputate far enough up to have healthy tissue at the end of the stump. So, we will continue to wait it out and see.

Please think positive thoughts that these abdominal issues will be resolved quickly!!

9 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Shelley and Monte. We are praying for Faith and "keeping Faith" as well.
    Love,
    Teacher Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear this news. I've been praying for Faith and will continue to do so. Sending love and prayers to you guys,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley and Monte-Just remember that little Faith has beat the odds in everything so far and I know she is going to continue to. I was telling several people at church about what a miracle child she is. We will be getting news on whether my two youngest will need surgery now or not-they have an Echo in the morning. Believe it or not, your story has really helped me to have that faith in a higher power again and not to be as afraid. Please tell Faith that the Booker family loves her and is praying for her along with you two and your other children-I have six all together..so I know it can be hard on the siblings too...

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you love you love you...faithy baby i love you. you're in my prayers. shelly, you and monty have this, she's pulling through, keep faith right?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne - I am so glad my baby girl has made your faith stronger. That makes me feel so good! Thank you for sharing and keeping her in prayers.

    By the way, what system are you hooked up with for your children?

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummed to hear about the abdominal, but Faith will persevere in true Faith fashion! I continue to think of your family and wishing you the strength to endure these day-to-day challenges! Warm smiles to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am keeping Faith in my prayers.

    Becky Lingo

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are praying for and thinking of you all here at the Learning Center. Please take care. Lacey is doing fine, and it is a joy to see her every day. Keep Faith
    Love,
    Mary Curtis and all of us here at the Colfax Learning Center

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry,we know how long this has been for all!! We are praying,and continue to have Faith!!!!!!!!! Barbara and Nick.

    ReplyDelete