Wednesday, April 15, 2009

DAY 16

Faith ended up needed surgery instead of just a wound-vac change today. Her wound from the incision to the abdomen is not healing, so they put in an "artificial" piece of skin to close the gap. Basically, it is a piece of pigskin. Faith will love that one! The procedure took about 2 hours and she did well. I was a nervous wreck, but Faith did fine. That is all that matters.

Her Nitric Oxide levels, unfortunately, had to be turned back up. The gas is what helps expand her lungs. The gas helps the flow between heart, lungs and body and it just shows her body is not ready to take on the full load yet and that is ok. Sometimes I think Doctors try to do things too fast anyways. Just slow down a bit when the patient is in a good spot and leave them alone for awhile!

They decided not to stop Dialysis. Again, things were working well, why change it? The dialysis is finally being able to take off some of the fluid and they want to continue with that a bit longer. I definitely agree with that decision.

I did enjoy my time at home with the other kids. It was a bit hectic with gymnastics, LaCrosse, and my board meeting. But that is our "normal" life and it was time for me to be back in it for awhile.

*just want to say a special thank you to all who post on the blog. We love reading it and it will be a very special thing to keep forever for Faith!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Shelly,
    I just have to say how much I love the picture of her hand (in Monty's?)
    so precious, and know that your mama is holding Faith's other hand tightly through her struggles and milestones. I truely believe your mama's presence is with you as well, and hope that you can feel her embracing you. As I said before if you need anything please call. 210-3963

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you so much Faith, you're on my mind every day. I think about you and your pretty little face, and your big heart, but most of all, I think about what a miracle you are. You sure are stronger than I could ever be!

    Cant wait to see you when you come home baby girl, i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faith and your family have become part of our day. I talk with Renee'every day,we love how Faith has given us all Hope!!! Hope today is what we have for all> Your right Dr,s need to slow down,I'm a nurse ,and understand what you mean. our prayers cont. Barbara and Nick. From Pelham NH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got to be in "reality" for a while with your other children. I am also so happy that Faith has pulled through, yet again, with another surgery! She is so incredibly strong! I continue to check in with her progress and wish you only the best in a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dear sweet Faith,

    When I think of you I think of my Megan. I know in my heart that God created you for a very special reason. I also beleive that while your body indures this hard road your spirit is sitting at Jesus' feet and the two of you are just chatting away about what your lifelong journey is to be. I used to invision this when Megan was so sick and I so beleive it with my whole heart. Take heed to what the Saviour is telling you. One day I know you will do wonderful things for Him!!! I can just see the people coming to the Lord because of you!!!

    We love you!

    The Maddens
    cp-megansjourney
    www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/miraclemegan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shelley,
    This is Carrie's sister, Mary. I have been following your blog and praying for your family. Keep up the good work and keep the "faith". :)
    Love to you and yours,
    Mary and family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaron and familyThursday, 16 April, 2009

    You are all on our minds everyday - we're grateful to be able to get updates here and to go through this journey with you.
    Keep up the good healing fight, Faith! That pigskin is tough and beautiful, just like you.
    Much love and prayers, Aaron, Lorri, and Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Continuing to read and pray. Glad things went well for Faith today and that the fluid is still coming off. It alone will make her feel better.
    Take care,
    Pam and Madison
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/madison

    ReplyDelete
  9. Little Miss Faith is such an inspiration! I am so glad things are looking up, and thought there is still quite the battle in front of her, I have no doubt she can come through it stronger than ever! My children and I love reading about and praying for your brave daughter daily. Take care and stay strong! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Little Faithy girl, Nurse Linda loves you.I bet you and grandma are having a great time sitting in a rocking chair watching dancing with the stars. Tell her I said Hi, and I love and miss her. Your mommy and daddy are always with you faith, keep fighting little one, you are so brave. LOL Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shelly, I just want to let you know that I am thinking of you and Faith constantly, looking at Faith's picture multiple times a day and confident Faith will be back at her home soon. I appreciate and admire all that you do.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete