Tuesday, April 14, 2009

DAY 15

Today is my day to go home. I wouldn't have been able to do it a few days ago. Faith was just too unstable. But since Faith has had 3 fairly good days, I am pretty excited about seeing the other kids and will enjoy them 100%. I am going to have them all climb in bed with me, eat some popcorn and snuggle all night!

Faith is my little drugie today. She was being too fiesty and reactive, so now is on a continuous drip of Versed. It is better for her...I know...but I miss seeing her "real" personality shine through.

Faith met her goal on the Nitric Oxide of 5 and now we are going to hold at that level for awhile and work on lowering some of the Vent settings.

They were able to finally get fluid off last night. 400cc's and are hoping to do that again over the next 24 hours! If so, they may try to take her off dialysis tomorrow and see how it goes.

Her feet look incredible. I wish everyone could have seen what they looked like last week to see what they look like today. Last week, they were literally a dark purple, almost black, up to mid-shin. That is why initially that is where they thought they would have to amputate from. Today, they are only marbled with some purple. Most of the tissue is pink and lookes like it is healing. The toes still hold that dark purple look, so we'll have to see about those. But, I am really hopeful about the rest of it! It has been such a crazy thing to watch the transformation. Dr. Choy has only seen this once in his career and not to this extent. Really incredible.

Tomorrow they are going to be changing the wound-vac and attempting to stop dialysis. It will be a busy day for my baby. Once I get a report from Monty, I fill everyone in on how her day went.

Take care.

13 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time with the other kids! Yay! What an answer to prayer.....and we will continue to pray for continued recovery for Faith. God bless!

    Desiree Burrier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Shelly! What a difference! I will especially be praying for Faith tomorrow, as it sounds like they will be making a lot of changes. Have a wonderful time at home with your other kids. Call me if you want to chat, or if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Jackie and I heard about Faith through a mutual friend Jane Deitrich. I love to pray. I have been praying earnestly since last week. Focused on those little feet, glad to hear they are looking better. It is all hope in Christ. O Lord, we praise You, love You and thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly
    I'm so glad to hear some good news and that you are able to take a break and spend some time away from the hospital with your other angels. When you have a sick child-everything becomes centered around that 1 child and it's good for all of you to spend some time together away from the chaos. You are all still in our prayers.
    Much love,
    Bahar Torrente

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly,Enjoy your family and your bed!!!!Faith and your family are on our mind!!!!!Dr Choy is great!Faith is a woderful,Hopeful expirence. Praying for all of you. Barb and Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that you are getting a break with your other kiddos. Sorry I missed you yesterday.

    As for the black/purple leg....ask Dr. Choy if that "other case" was Casey...I bet it was! He had a horrible clot in his leg following his heart cath.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael

    Hi Faith I hope you remember me from the bus. Everybody is thinking about you.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michael

    Hi Faith it is Michael again Sandy the bus driver and I are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing news, always thinking of and praying for Little Miss Faith! What a strong, beautiful and determined little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "KEEP FAITH".........isn't that AWSOME! I just knew the night I called you that God had plans for this young lady!! I just knew it! Please call me if you need anything!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Shelley and Monty-
    It's Faith's old physical therapist Kim. Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you all and will be keeping Miss Faith in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Shelley and Monty, this is Lindsay Busk. I have been praying for Faith and your family daily along with my Bible Study. She is truly an amazing girl and it is awesome to watch the power of prayer take affect on her healing. Several parents and children are asking about her. We all keep saying, "PRAY!" Give Faith my love. Sincerely, Teacher Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shelly,
    I had no idea there was so much going on with little Faith, I assumed she would be home and recovering with you and Monty by now. I am soooo sorry to hear, through your writings, all the emotional trama you and your family are going through. I was glad to see a post from Nancy about your blog, reading your log ins have made the tears flow helplessly. I will "keep faith" for your Faithy, and send my prayers your way. Please let me know if there is anything I can do, even if just dinner for your family at home. Please take care of yourself and remain strong for her. You are all inspiring! -Tina

    ReplyDelete