Wednesday, April 1, 2009

KEEP HER IN YOUR PRAYERS

We took a turn for the worse last night. Faiths blood pressure started dropping and she has been losing a lot of blood. Dr. Raff was called and he reopened her chest in her PICU room. However, nothing was found wrong with her heart from surgery. She is losing blood faster than they can put it in her and cannot seem to find the source of the bleed. She is in the OR right now with Dr. Raff beside her and a team of other surgeons. They are going to open her abdomen to see if the bleeding is possibly coming from the liver or the spleen. If either of those, that would be best case scenario. If they find it is coming from the artery they placed her central line in, that would not be good for her as it would be hard to stop the bleeding. They said that this is a grave situation and that time is of the essence. They have moved Monty and I into a private room while we wait, which concerns me even more.

I am hoping that this is just Faith being "Faith"...always keeping us on our toes...and that she will pull through this just as she has everything else in the past. She is a beautiful little fighter and brings so much to our lives. I am hoping my mom (her mima) is with her right now, holding her hand and giving her strength.

Please pray for my little girl.

3 comments:

  1. Shelly,
    I was hoping to see photos of Faith nice and pink, not this! I like your comment on how this is typical Faith though. She doesn't ever do things the easy way. Hang in there! I will be praying for her and you KNOW your Mom is there for her...NO DOUBT!!!
    Love you,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelly,
    We are all praying for Faith and really hope that this is just Faith being "Faith".
    Thank you so much for keeping us posted on her condition.
    Love,
    Teacher Barbara Montague

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will have your family and faith in my heart and prayers all day, i understand your emotions at this moment as i went through the same with my daughter.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete