Thursday, April 2, 2009

MIDDLE OF NIGHT

Monty is finally getting some rest and I am sitting here with my girl. She is still unresponsive but things are improving some. Her blood pressure has risen and her temperature is down, both good things. Her blood gases have stabalized, as well, so Dr. Raff has not had to open her back up. Phew.

The main issues now are still that the heart continues to be stiff and has not improved which is putting a lot of stress on her lungs. She is using a pacemaker to keep her heart rate where it is optimal for recovery. Her liver and kidney function are also compromized from so much trauma. She is not having much urine output and that is concerning with how much fluids they have been pushing into her. Her blood sugars are low so she is receiving insulin. Her platelets are also low and she has received numerous transfusions and every antibiotic and steriod in the book. If things remain stable over the next few hours, they will try cutting back on some of her medications and see how she does.

Faith is still not responding, but she has had a lot of sedating medications in her....and with her liver compromised....it is really hard to know if she has suffered any neurological damage. I guess that is the least of our worries at the moment. We just need to get her organs working properly and get her breathing on her own! For awhile there, it was not looking possible (chaplin even came to do prayer), but it is turning around and hope is building. She looks better. It is amazing that she is still with us, such a miracle. But that is Faith in a nutshell........a miracle.

5 comments:

  1. From all of us here at the Auburn classroom, we are praying for Faith. Faith is in our hearts and souls. We wish her and the family the best. The children are also thinking and talking about her. They have made her a get well card. Shelly and Monte our hearts are with you too. We are checking the blog every 3 to 4 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it amazing how such alittle person who is so strong and couraguous can impart some of that on us. my thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family
    angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD MORNING!
    My son Peter was born with double outlet right ventricle with a very hypoplastic right ventricle, hypoplastic aorta, small mitral valve, straddling tricuspid valve, subaortic obstruction and side-by-side great vessels. He was had a g-tube for 6 years of his life. He was born on October 4, 2000. He is now 8 years old and has undergrown the 3 series of surgeries. He is almost 2 years beyond the fontan procedure.
    I just wanted you to know as a mother I can empathize what you are going through today. I have much hope and determination our little ones are miracles and your Faith will overcome her post op obstacles. I will pray for you, Faith, and your family and when Peter comes home from school. I will show him Faith's blog and tell him Faith has a braveheart like him. If there is anything I can do for you, even just to listen, or just to cry. We are here for you. We all are a family of miracles.
    with much respect and admiration,
    Renee and Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know of the exhaustion and anxiety for a family who's family member is so very ill. My son was in a coma a year ago for a traumatic brain injury. Many came forward with prayers and inspirations. My son is now walking, talking, and able to function well. During the time of his illness, and slow long recovery, my faith was tested, my patience was at it's worst, and my anxiety level was at a peak. I do appreciate life more today, and mostly appreciate my son's presence each new day. God Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stories give me hope. I appreciate you sharing and so glad to hear you had happy endings! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete