Tuesday, April 21, 2009

DAY 22

Well, unfortunately the bleeding started up again and Faith's abdominal area continued to increase. Her vitals started dropping and she became very unstable and things got crazy. Flashbacks kept coming at me of the horrors of the first week.

Faith was brought back down to surgery after much discussion. Once again, they did not find the source of the bleed. What they ended up doing is taking the piece of artificial skin out to allow fluids to escape. The wound-vac was placed over the abdominal opening and fluid is draining at this point.

I am really nervous and scared, but trying to be as positive for her as I can. I know how strong she is and I have to remember that she has pulled through this before. However...prayers, prayers.

9 comments:

  1. Faith and all of your family continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. I have also asked for prayers on our church prayer chain. Keep Faith! - the Heckelmans

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much Faith do we have? We have all the Faith and prayers needed for Faith and her Family!!!!!! Sending Faith and prayers from NH. Barbara and Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have several churches praying for all of you. Faith will get through this. Try to stay strong and keep thinking positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are continuing to pray in Texas for faith and your family.

    The Hampson's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly & Monty,
    Sorry to hear of the continued struggles and challenges Faith is having and praying for her speedy recovery from this point on. You and your family are in our thoughts.
    With love and concern,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Shelly, hang in there. I know this has been a terrible roller coaster ride for you guys. All you can do is stay focused on Faith, keep praying, keep thinking positive thoughts and keep taking care of each other. I'm dying to come give you a hug...Maybe I will sneak over soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelly,

    Faith is still in our prayers. I'm sorry she is having such a difficult time. I will come by and see you tonight. Does Starbucks sound
    good?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Staying positive and never losing Faith for your baby girl. All our love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I continue to pray for faith and your family and have passed your message along to my mom's church as well. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete