Friday, April 3, 2009

LETTER TO FAITH

To Faith,

You are the most beautiful spirit I have ever met. I am the luckiest person in the world to be your mommy and get to observe your amazing strength. I love everything about you - even the challenging parts - because that makes you YOU! I can't even imagine life without you nor do I want to. You make my life so much better, happier and entertaining. It is so much fun to take you places and watch you draw everyone to you. You are magical.

I don't understand why God has made you have to go through so much and I wish I could take it all away for you. But I suppose there has to be some reason. Maybe it is to watch you...someone who could so easily give up...yet never does. To realize how precious life is through you. How to learn to smile and thank people even through rough times.

You have taught me how to have more patience, love deeper and care more. Our family is stronger and closer because of you. I thank God for every minute I have shared with you. Adopting you was the best decision your dad and I ever made.

As I watch you tonight, I pray you find the strength to continue your fight. You have done it before and I can only hope you can do it again. You are an extremely special little girl. I don't know why someone up above thought I should be lucky enough to be your mommy, but I am extremely grateful they did.

Hang in there my angel. I know you have more to give to this world. I love you baby girl, so so much. Stay strong and try to come back to us soon. I am very proud of you.

I love you Faithy.

Mom

4 comments:

  1. Faith, hang in there sweetie! We're thinking and praying for you.

    Shelly, please don't hesitate to give me a call if there's anything we can do for you...really, I mean that! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful testament of love to your daughter. I am praying that she recovers from this and just wows you with herself! Sounds like she has done this a time or two before.
    We also have an adopted daughter with VCFS. She too is the sunshine in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful letter..I have everyone I know praying for Faith and please let me know if I can help in any way....

    Lynne Booker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelly,
    I'm so glad I got to spend a few minutes with you this morning. I can't stop thinking about you guys. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything. I will be checking the blog for updates as often as I can.

    Love,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete