Saturday, April 4, 2009

SATURDAY 4-4-09

Today Faith's pupils are not responding to light so they are concerned there is swelling in her brain. Her breathing has become more rapid which could be an indication of swelling as well. An EEG has been ordered.

Dialysis is being tolerated, with the exception of a clot that resulted in having to change out all the lines. Usually heprin is used with dialysis, but they can't use it since Faith had all that bleeding and due to the fact her platelets are low. Unfortunately, this could happen often.

They are trying to get her off Epinephrine today because it is greatly affecting circulation to her extremeties. Both feet are extremely blue and there is concern of losing the feet.

TPN and lipids have been added to her daily routine to give her more calories and fat.

I wish there were more to say, but there is not. It is a waiting game and only time will let us know what we are truly dealing with here. Thank heavens she keeps holding on, though, and I keep hearing encouraging stories of others that have defeated all odds. They help.

I miss my other kids, but obviously Faith takes priority right now. They are amazing kids, though, and are holding up well. They know how to step it up when necessary. I love them so much!!!!! I can't wait for the day I can have my family back together again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You're all in our prayers, Shelly! Much love and strength to little Faith! Keep up the fight, little girl!!!

    Love you all,
    Lisa Froling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea Himmelberger is a good friend of mine, and she has let me know about the situation with little Faith. I wanted to let you know that she and the rest of your family are all in my thoughts and prayers. Faith is being held in the Lord's hands, and He will keep her safe and protected.

    All the best,

    Laura Jaeggi

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family and I are thinking about you. We love you and if there is anything we can do, don't hesitate to ask.

    Valerie Boesen

    ReplyDelete