Monday, May 25, 2009

DAY 55

No changes for today due to the infection. Vent settings will remain the same, we will try to stay even on her dialysis and maintain blood pressure. She has not had a fever all night, but she has had a few drops in blood pressure. They did start her on two different antibiotics that will hopefully do the trick. All cultures will be repeated again, today, out of all her lines. Her Dialysis line has been in a long time and if that is the source, they will have to move it. That is the scary part since we cannot use Faith's upper body for lines. I think Dr. Raff said the next spot would be in her back and I can't even imagine that. I pray for that not to happen.

Otherwise, she is looking ok. I was very excited to see her moving both hands! She has not moved her left side for a few weeks now, so I was extremely happy to see that. She is slightly jaundice, ok with her fluid retention and alert for short periods of time.

As it has been from the beginning...we wait it out and see what Faith does and continue to do things on her time.

6 comments:

  1. Unceasing in prayer for His litte one and yours -

    Jackie Lipuma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelly,
    I am still praying for you and your family. We're all keeping up with your site, so continue to post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still praying for you guys! This is a long road, but we're here with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will continue to pray for you!

    Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shelly,
    Sounds like she is continuing with settle improvements, I pray she keeps on that path, slow and steady is ok.
    Would you mind asking one of the nurses if A- blood is compatible to your faiths to use, platlets, anything. I only wish to go down there if I can be of use to you and yours, otherwise, for ovious reasons perfer to not go there, I hope you can understand. You and your family are never far from my thoughts.
    Take care. Love, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina - Donating blood in Faith's name will not mean that she actually gets to blood or blood products. It takes a long time for them to go through and test the products, so it basically just goes into a general source for anyone that will need it. I just got Faith an ID # for people to donate in her honor. Thats all and a way to hopefully get people to donate.

    I TOTALLY understand about not wanting to go to the hospital. I will probably never want to either after this. What means the most is your thoughts and prayers.

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete