Monday, May 4, 2009

DAY 33 and 34

Faith behaved herself on Sunday and now it is Monday. I am soooooo nervous!!!! The procedure is scheduled for 1:30. Today is my birthday and my only birthday wish is for this to be successful. That would be the best present I could ever get! I will post later when the procedure is complete. Keep Faith.

UPDATE: Faith did very well with the procedure. They were able to use the ERCP to put a stent in! My birthday wish came true. Now it is just a waiting game to see if the bile starts to drain and allows her liver to function more effectively. We will know this through blood tests.

Another thing they saw with the ultrasound is this pocket that comes out of her intestines that they do not know what it is. Of course Faith always has to throw some kind of curveball. She wouldn't be Faith if she didn't do that! They are wondering if this is where our source of bleeds have been coming from. They want Dr. Marr to look at it and see what he thinks should be done. She also has some dead intestinal wall tissue from having low blood pressure that they need to look at.

But, she looks good right now and is stable. Dr. Raff said this was going to be a marathon and I should be prepared. I told him that Faith has been preparing me for this for the last 5 years. I've got my running shoes on!!!

I want to give a big THANK YOU to my dad and aunt for allowing both Monty and I to be here today and tomorrow. We were both so nervous that neither one of us could stay away. They have been wonderful this whole time with my other kids (and my best friend, Nancy) and deserve some recognition. Thank you and I love you!!!

20 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Shelly! I'm sure Faith will bring you your birthday wish...she's a fighter and wants to win this!!

    Love, Lisa Froling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and prayers for strenght for Faith !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Shelly. We are thinking of you all and praying for a successful procedure. Keep Faith - the Heckelmans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Shelly! I am praying that you get your wish!

    Lynne B

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA...im keeping Faith everyday...i love you all...hang on tight, she's a fighter and she's not giving up, we know that Shelly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Shelly. I will be praying for Faith. She is strong and so are you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! I pray that you get your birthday wish! I'm praying for Faith right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, happy, Birthday! I wish you could celebrate it and have no worries. I pray more than anything, this year more than anyother that your birthday wish comes true. (Don't forget to blow out some candles) My thought are with you and my prayers with Faith. Good Luck Baby Girl... you're a very strong little fighter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessica duarteMonday, 04 May, 2009

    Happy birthday Mom! Even though it is not that happy until Faith hopefuly gets through this with she will (knock on wood) because she is a strong little girl and I will make shure that we pray befor dinner. I love you and we will get through this no mater what.

    love, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carrie PhillipsMonday, 04 May, 2009

    Hey there Sis! May all your birthday wishes come true!!!! I'm dying to see your next post but wanted you to know that your birthday wish is being wished like crazy over here at this house too! Keeping Faith and wishing the best for you and your little fighter! Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday!!!!! Hope your BD. wish comes true!!!!! prayers and more prayers... Keep the Faith!!!!!!!! Barbara and Nick. NH.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Shelly! Happy Birthday sweetie! I know it's hard to think about yourself right now. I'm sending you a big B-day hug. Give Faith my love too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaron and familyMonday, 04 May, 2009

    A peace-filled birthday to you, Shelly!
    May you and your family fully receive the wealth of love and friendship expressed to you here. You inspire us all with your love for one another. With hope for the best outcome today and a kiss for Faith, from Aaron, Lorri, and Dave

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jessica perrysaid...Monday, 04 May, 2009

    HEY SHELLY HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND I KNOW YOUR B-DAY WISH WILLCOME TRUE.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday! Praying and praying and always thinking of Little Miss Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Shelly,
    Praying that your birthday wish comes true!
    Jen Olden

    ReplyDelete
  17. michelle madduxMonday, 04 May, 2009

    Hoping your birthday wish comes true for you! You are an amazing mom and Faith is so lucky to have you on her team! Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy B-day Shelly. I'm glad you got your wish. I think all those problems with that "tummy" are going to be answered now.We new there was something else going on in there, something just wasn't right. I hope and pray for wisdon and healing for Faith. BIG HUG, Linda
    ps...whisper in Faithies ear "linda loves you"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing the great news. Glad your birthday wish came true! Prayers for healing. Keep Faith - the Heckelmans

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jessica DuarteTuesday, 05 May, 2009

    Yaaaaa! We are sooooooooo happy that Faithy made it out ok.
    love,
    Jessie and Leanne

    ReplyDelete