Tuesday, May 5, 2009

DAY 35

This place is starting to get to me. I am going home tomorrow and I think that is a good thing. Just so much stress and emotion is in here and it is hard not to take it on. I need a break and need to see the other kids to recharge.

Faith is starting to look like a marshmallow again. They haven't been able to pull off excess fluid without it affecting her blood pressure. She also had fluid that was pouring out of her wound-vac and they aren't sure if it is bile or old blood. They are assuming it is old blood. So, we are still dealing with this bleed coming from somewhere that keeps creating these set-backs. Honestly, it is hard to stay positive with these things happening and with the atmosphere in here. There were 4 attendings here today and when the fluid was coming out of the wound-vac and her blood pressure was dropping, it was hard to get anyone because they were all busy with other patients. I thought I was going to lose it. (I actually did a little)

I am hoping tomorrow is a better day for Faith. I hope they can start pulling off fluid so it doesn't compromise her lungs. I hope this bleed will go away forever. I am watching people lose their children and it is scaring the heck out of me. I don't know how these doctors and nurses do it. Something positive needs to happen. I pray that Faith can be that miracle that makes all this worth it.

7 comments:

  1. May you sleep in God's arms tonite as your Faith has been doing for over a month now.

    Unceasing in prayer,
    Jackie Lipuma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that the puffiness is returning Shelly. I think it is a good thing for you to take a break from hospital life tomorrow. It's hard to be in the hospital for so long. The intensity would get to anybody! Rest in the knowledge that many, many people are praying for your family. Sending you love and hugs,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer about the puffiness. Hopefully this day of recovery will mean that tomorrow will be a good day! Even if you are not there! Yes, you need a break, and to be in the open for awhile. Enjoy your other children. Fiath is in good hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are actually resting now and finally got some fresh air. I'm glad that you get a small break tomorrow and thank God you sounded better tonight than earlier! We are all praying for Faith in the Baggett house tonight. Talk to you in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shelly,
    Sounds traumatizing to be in a hospital setting for so long and it's good you are getting a break. I was praying for Faith tonight and just had this feeling that everything was going to be alright. Thought I would share. Sending you peaceful vibes tonight. May you get some rest.
    Jennifer Olden

    ReplyDelete
  6. I said a prayer for Faith and your family yesterday before the Blessed Sacrament in Richardson, TX. May God hold ALL of you in His loving arms.

    Cindy Hampson
    Plano, TX

    ReplyDelete
  7. After spending many long days and nights in the "cellar" of UCSF with Peter and Renee just waiting!!!!!!!!,I truly can understand why loosing it would be the thing to do right about now. You both deserve to loose it,for a moment,then have stronger Faith!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy your breath of fresh air and your family. We are all praying,we all have Faith in all of you!!!!!!! Barbara and Nick. NH.

    ReplyDelete