Friday, May 15, 2009

DAY 45

I cannot believe it has been 45 days. So many things have happened, so many emotions have been felt. And we still have a long, unknown road ahead of us. But, we have made it this far, so let's keep pushing on!

A lot of progress pulling off excess fluid and being able to maintain blood pressure while doing so. Infectious disease came in a few days ago and switched up some of her antibiotics and they seem to be working. She has not had a fever the past two days, her blood work has been improving and her color looks much better.

So, overall, Faith is doing pretty well and you can feel medical personnel having more hope for her. That helps a tremendous amount with our mental status, as well. And, boy, do we need it!!

4 comments:

  1. Praise God, thank you O Lord.



    In Christ,
    Jackie Lipuma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly, I'm so glad to hear that Faith is slowly making progress. I know that you still have a lon journey to go and I'm right here with you. Try to get some rest :). God bless!

    Desiree Burrier

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so glad to hear of some progress! Good girl Faith! Hang in there Shelly, we're all pulling for you! Please call me if you want to talk...or maybe I will just track you down and call you myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again...I do not want to jinx things, but THANK GOD!!!!! We are planning on being downstairs, outside on Sunday, and I would love to come up and see you if things are okay.
    As for infectious diseases...I don't know if we've ever had that team, but Dr. Jareed Siddiqui has his girls at the school I teach at in Roseville. Great family, great doctor. He took care of one of my students last year!
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete