Wednesday, May 13, 2009

DAY 43

This is not an easy journey. As was a concern on the last post with her blood pressure, fluid retention did become a huge issue. Because of it, her lungs filled up with fluid and they were having a hard time ventilating her. A doctor came in and let us know that if she got to the highest settings on the Oscillator, there would be nothing more they could do. Monty came down and we kept vigil for the night...again. Faith did reach the top settings and then....she turned it around...again. What is this child doing to all of us????

So, today they have been able to pull off some fluid and maintain a decent blood pressure. The wound-vac was changed and that looked good. Her blood gases have been good and they have been able to wean down on the Oscillator settings. I am Praying for it to continue this way.

I don't even know how to explain the series of emotions we go through. I will say that Monty is doing better than I am right now. The first few weeks, I was handling things better and now he is. Guess that is a good partnership, right? So, I came home tonight to catch my breath and sleep. It doesn't matter how much sleep I get, I am always tired. I assume it is depression. I am hoping I feel better by Friday morning when my shift begins. And I better NOT get called in beforehand!!! Faith, you behave!

Happy Birthday wishes are due to my son Dominic. He turned 12 today! He got to spend the day with my cousin Nicole and her husband, John, who are visiting from New York. That was his birthday wish, so I let him play hookie from school and enjoy the day with them. They had a blast having a nice lunch and then going for go-cart rides. Dominic was even sweet enough to share the day with his sister, Jessica. He said he wanted more brother/sister time with her. Aawww. He is the sweetest kid. After that, we went to Game Stop and he picked out his birthday present and he ate at one of his Favorite places: Mel's Diner that has the BEST milkshakes! Good day for a good kid. Happy Birthday Dominic! I love you!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Shelly,
    Glad you get to come home for your much deserved time with the other kiddos. Sorry to hear little Faith is continuing to have so many ups and downs. Happy Birthday to your big 12 year old, it sounds like he had a wonderful day. I don't believe it is depression as much as stress that is weighing you down and making you feel so tried. I think that has to be one of the most draining emotions. I'm sure you won't feel back to yourself (well rested) until you're baby girl is home and you've been able to cuddle with her and catch up on many, many zzzz! Thinking of you always, take care lady! Love, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. I can't believe how crazy the ups and downs are. You are never far from my thoughts and I will continue to pray for your family. Shelly, I hope you can get some rest at home tonight and enjoy celebrating with Dominic. Your whole family is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though I do not know you Shelly, I've gleaned a small sense of your spirit - and you are filled with hope. You are a wonderful example of the living hope we have in Christ - no matter what - thank you. God is glorified through you. Praise God.
    Thank you.
    With humble gratitude.
    Waiting in Him with unceasing prayer for His little one and yours,
    Jackie Lipuma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Dominic! Shelly-I hope you feel better and enjoy the time with your kids!

    Lynne B

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughters favorite restaurant is Mel's Diner too! Too bad there aren't any in Honduras! Ah well. Good news on the vent - will pray that she continues to progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep, "KEEPING THE FAITH" What a strong spirit!!!! IT MUST RUN IN THE FAMILY!!!!!!!! Get some rest,enjoy home and the kids. You all are doing fantastic!!!!! Prayers and more prayers. Barbara and Nick. NH.

    ReplyDelete