Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hawaii

We had a fabulous time in Hawaii!!!! We went whale watching, went on a submarine, attended a luau and, of course, spent lots of time swimming. The weather was a perfect temp. of 80....how do you beat that? We really did not want to come home!

It was hard holding it together on the plane ride home because home is reality and who wants that???? Home is a reminder of what isn't here and I didn't want to come back to that. However, as hard as it is...I know I can't deny reality and have to face it.

This week has been a big week for me. I have been shown that I have made progress even though it doesn't feel like it. Here is how:

A couple of months ago I was asked by a friend of mine if I would be interested in taking a two year old little girl that might go up for adoption. The child's circumstances made it so that she would need to move homes in Jan. or Feb, which was perfect for me because it would be after my trip to Hawaii. So, this friend of mine was going to call me once the social worker knew when they were going to move the child. Anyway, what ended up happening was this friend decided to take the little girl into her home instead. I know that sounds messed up to some.....it is what it is.....but the thing that I am happy to report is that I am actually sad that it didn't work out! I know it sounds crazy to say that you are happy to be sad, but it is major progress for me!!!

Up until this week, I didn't care about having any other children in my home. I had no interest. I had been asked about other children and I had no desire to take them in. I have been simply existing in this fog like world and have not felt like opening my heart or my home. The situation with me not getting this little girl...me being disappointed that it didn't work out...shows me that I am ready again. That is huge progress! I actually might be ready to open myself up again! I feel ready to give someone a good home and the love they deserve. I might not have realized that without this situation occuring.

I have to believe that everything happens for a reason. I guess I was not meant to be this girl's mommy and the right kiddo will be brought to me eventually. If I look back on the choices I made prior to getting Faith, it just solidifies that those choices happened for a reason. Those choices happened to allow me to take Faith into my home. It was absolutely meant to be. We were meant to be together. And even with this awful pain I live with, I would do it all over again. I am glad those choices occured so that I could have Faith. 100%.

So, now knowing I am ready to open my heart and home I will patiently wait for fate to do its work. I had forgotten how much I LOVE to give kids a home. I had forgotten how much I LOVE to take care of them. I am happy this love has returned to me. Progress!!!!! :)

7 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you are happy! Truly, I can feel you smiling through the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gina. I am not sure if I would classify myself as "happy" yet, but I am definitely happy that I am making progress in that direction. Happy that I am making steps back toward doing what I love to do. Definitely a better place than I have been! I really do appreciate that you have followed along this whole time and are in my corner being one of my cheerleaders. It makes me smile. :) Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sorry, but I am stuck on the fact that someone would give you a glimmer of hope like that and then just take it away. You and Monty are such good people and have endured so much. You don't deserve that. I think I would use the term "friend" loosely about that person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the post above but I am glad that you feel like you are making progress towards healing. That is the most important thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really sweet that some of you feel protective over Monty and I. We very much appreciate that. However, let me assure you that this child will still be going to a home where she will be well taken care of.

    Like I said before, I have to believe that things happen for a reason. I am just satisfied with the fact that Monty and I are opening up and realizing that we want to share our love again. Monty was with my niece the other night and he just lit up with her. One of my kids actually came up to me and said that daddy needs a baby again. My heart melted. He is so good with kids and I could see that he is definitely ready. I think he was ready awhile ago but he hasn't wanted to push me. He is certainly a kid magnet!

    I do believe the right child will come to us at the right time. No one else will be able to stand in the way because God means for that child to be ours. It was that way with Faith and the other children we have adopted and I trust it will be that way again.

    All I can do is "Keep Faith" that God has someone in mind for us and the stars will align one day and make it happen.

    Thank you so much for the love and support that come through this blog!!!! Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are always where we are suppose to be..."KEEP THE FAITH" and HOPE follows !!!!!!!!!! Nick and Barb...NH

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you were able to escape to Hawaii! It must be nice to experience a little bit of paradise for bit. I hope all is well!

    Best,
    Hua
    Director of Blogger Networks
    wellsphere.com

    ReplyDelete