Friday, April 30, 2010

Miss you still.........always

Even though I have this new, amazing addition to our family.....I still miss Faith just as strongly(maybe even more so, if that is actually possible). Faith loved babies and I can hear her voice, filled with excitement, about our new one. She would have been such a sweet big sister. Even during her final days, when she would hear a baby cry in the hospital, her brow would crease in concern. I would have to whisper in her ear that the baby was ok and stroke her brow to calm her down. That was the beautiful spirit of my Faith. She had her own concerns, but still was able to feel beyond herself into the anguish of another.

We are almost to our year mark and I am flooded with memories. My main thing right now, though, is wishing I could hold her. Maybe it is getting to hold this new one that conjures up those thoughts. I am not sure. But, I still remember what it was like to hold her. I can still bring up those memories of how she felt and how she smelled and I sure hope that never goes away!

Dominic, Jessica and Andrew are at a children's grief camp this weekend. It is specifically for children that have experienced a significant loss. It sounds like they have a great program of mixing fun with sharing memories and I hope they enjoy it. I hope they will benefit from this experience.

Sending love your way my Faith. Mommy loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment